At Susan Whymark Funeral Service it is our aim to provide a high quality of service and to make sure each and every one of our clients has the funeral they want at a reasonable cost.
The costings in the Direct Cremation are kept to a minimum, not because there is less care and attention involved, but because aspects associated with a traditional funeral are removed, which in turn involves less time and materials.
A direct cremation means the deceased is taken to the crematorium with no service. The deceased will be brought to either our branch in Eye or Harleston and cared for there until the day of the cremation. Following the cremation, the ashes will be collected by ourselves and kept at one of our branches until you are ready to collect them from us.
If the wishes of the deceased, or their families, indicate they do not want or need a traditional funeral service, a Direct Cremation is the perfect option.
Sometimes large families can find it hard to gather everyone together for a traditional funeral to take place and opt for a direct cremation and hold a gathering at a place of their choice at a later date.
What is included in the Direct Cremation?
- Making all the necessary arrangements in our office environment (i.e. the interview with an arranger to make notes, fill in statutory forms and provide written confirmation and full estimate).
- Arranging a direct cremation on a date convenient to the Funeral Director.
- Delivering statutory forms to Crematoria.
- Providing a simple simulated veneered coffin with simple robe or gown and lining up to 6’3” x 24”.
- Transfer of the deceased from place of death to our private chapel of rest within a 25 mile radius, during office hours.
- Care of the deceased for up to 14 days prior to the funeral.
- Provision of a suitable vehicle and staff directly to West Suffolk, Waveney or Breckland Crematoriums.
- All third party costs (known as Disbursements).
What is not included?
- Choice of Crematorium.
- Funeral Service elsewhere prior to the Cremation.
- Transfer of deceased from place of death to our private Chapel of Rest out of office hours.
- Choice of coffin.
- Viewing of the deceased.
- Dressing deceased in own clothes unless they are received already prepared.
- Provision of a limousine.
- Listing of floral tributes.
Direct Cremation £1395.00*
(we ask for full payment within 48 hours of making the arrangements)
*Additional Services & Fees
- Provision of a larger coffin over 6’3” x 24” £250.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care out of office hours £270.